Every year my stepmom asks us for a list of stocking stuffer ideas and every year I’m at a total loss. What she wants is a list of cute, cheap, and useful gifts that we would appreciate. I usually end up asking for candy for lack of better inspiration. But as I cruised the local quilting shop with my sister yesterday inspiration struck.
1. Pins- can you ever really have enough?
2. Pincushions- there are endless choices that combine functionality with art
3. Rotary Cutter Blades- This won’t make me swoon with delight but I’ll adore the giver when I’m in the middle of a project and need a new blade.
4. Sewing Machine Needles- Same as above but you could dress them up a bit by giving them in a custom needlebook.
5. Quality Shears or have theirs professionally sharpened.
6. Charm Packs, Jelly Rolls, Honeybuns (no I’m not talking about food) or a gift card for his/her favorite fabric shop.
7. Quilt pattern or template piece. I’ve been dying to try a hex quilt and keep picking up and putting down the template pieces at the fabric store. I don’t need it but I’d love to have it.
8. Quilting Gloves. I’m personally terrified of stippling or anything other than straight line quilting because I’m afraid I won’t be able to move the fabric evenly. Everyone seems to agree that quilting gloves really aid in the smooth movement of the quilt through the machine.
9. Electric Quilt 6. Not exactly cheap but it’s supposed to be incredibly powerful and cool
10. Sewing feet. My favorite is my 1/4 in guide foot. But also handy would be a clear foot or a darning foot.
Does anyone have any other ideas? Please share!